Ken's-Den

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sad day in Mayberry, R.F.D.

Clicking on the title link above will take you to a video endorsement of Barack Obama by some of our Television Icons of the past. Now, Opie and Fonzie, I understand being liberal but Andy Griffith? The world has turned upside down!!!

Then of course, there's that word again. "Change." Obama represents change about as much as me standing in a parking Lot, calling myself a Car, makes me a Car. I might believe it. I might make others believe it but at the end of the day, I won't be a Car.

Something is wrong with America. I will grant you that. We are probably going to elect a man as President that wouldn't even qualify to be one of his own Secret Service agents. That's right. Obama would be disqualified for a job with the Secret Service or with the FBI because of his past association with this Ayers fellow. But oh, we want Change!

There are some things that really dishearten me about this particular Election. While I won't be voting for Obama in this lifetime, I am upset at those that are rejecting him simply because he is Black. Oh, I'm not saying vote for him in the least way. But the reason should have nothing to do with the Color of his skin. One thing this election has shown me is that we still have much work to do in destroying the ignorance of racism. It has also shown me that racism is not relegated just to one race because just as much as there are those that won't vote for Obama because he is Black, there are those that will vote for him, simply because he isn't White. We need to grow up and quit being stupid about our Future.

The last thing that is bothering me goes back to the link in the Title. I'm really sick of Hollywood attempting to throw their influence around. But as much as it sickens me, I have to honestly look and say the we are to blame.

What we should have done, when people like Alex Baldwin and Barbara Striesand threatened to move to Canada if Bush were elected, was to help them Pack. Maybe if they didn't have the influence of the American dollars that we give them, just maybe they would understand that their influence ends at Entertainment. Besides, maybe in the socialized government of Canada, Baldwin could get some subsidized acting Lessons? :<)

I'm not suggesting a Boycott. I don't really like them. But maybe we could use a re-prioritizing of our own Values. Maybe we shouldn't support with our Dollars, the actions of those that we are diametrically opposed to in Life?

But my, oh my, we do like our Opie Movies, don't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home