Ken's-Den

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Summer of Overtime

1969 was dubbed the Summer of Love. Woodstock, weed and war protest were the order of the day. Since I was only 7 then, I simply remember the Apollo missions of that day and not much else.

But in the years to come, if you ask me about the Summer of 2008, I will simply have to say, "What Summer?" Work has been busy since April and it hasn't let up much since then and now that August rolls around I wonder what has happened to my Summer!?

Anyway, I'm a Bachelor this week. I dropped Debbie off at the airport on Wednesday morning and she won't return until Saturday. Yep, it's the annual Mary Kay convention in Dallas! 4 days of Hot weather and women that need much less Caffiene. How rah-rah can you get over Makeup? :<) Before 9/11, I use to love picking Debbie up at the Airport after one of these things. I'd watch them all get off the Plane and now wish that I had Videoed it! Mary Kay is a great company and most of their representatives, (LIKE DEBBIE) are great Ambassadors for the product, they look nice and are never over done. BUT--there are also a few that would get off the airplane looking like they were wearing every free sample given away! I mean you would have thought that Drew Carry's, "Mimi" had been cloned! Man, I miss those days! But I sure miss my Baby and Saturday seems like its a month away.

Speaking of baby, I need you all to pray for a baby girl named, Dierra Richardson. Dierra has had many complications since birth and she spent several minutes last week, not breathing. The doctors are not giving the family any hope and she, along with her family need our prayers.

I have some political observations that I want to share but I'm pretty worn out right now so maybe I can post them in a day or two. Thanks for checking in and if you see Mimi, buy some makeup. She'll be jazzed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home