Ken's-Den

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day late and a buck or too short

Just realized that it was Thursday and I had missed my self-imposed deadline to blog on Wednesdays so I'll attempt to make up for it.

We had a great Revival week end with my Friend, Neil Smith. He really spoke to the Church from what had to be a God place. It was a great weekend. I've never been one for taking up second offerings or drilling people to give in offerings but the Spirit spoke to my heart on Sunday to recieve a second offering for Neil's upcoming trip to Kenya in September. I obeyed what I had been led to do and we took in over $1300 which is literally, phenomanal for our Church! I was thrilled with the people's heart in giving. Narragansett, I'm proud of you!

During our recent Youth Camp one of the newer Young people that we have went. I think she was a little coerced to go by her Grandmother :<) but she went! Harmony was raised in the Islam faith. I don't know all of the details of her life but she recently began living with her Grandmother and started attending Narragansett. During Youth Camp she attended an elective class taught by my Friend and Interim Youth Director, Chris Morrison. The class was about Jesus' sermon on the Mount and how it applies to today. Harmony began to compare the teachings of Christ with what she had been taught in the Islam faith. The result was life changing.

Harmony accepted Christ as her Savior that week and would later tesify that she had been forced to accept Islam and even beaten when she would go against it. The highlight of it all was when she stated, "this week I have chosen to follow Christ!" Her desire now is to become a Youth Pastor and I believe it is something she will achieve.

Her Grandmother e-mailed me this week saying that Harmony had been offered a job at Jewel grocery store but that Jewel had stated that she would have to work Sundays. Harmony said that she wanted the job but that she went to Church on Sunday and if she accepted the job, they would have to schedule her for Sunday afternoons. Jobs aren't easy to come by in our area and most companys would balk at special requests but God has given Harmony favor and Jewel has a Sunday afternoon employee!

I will keep you updated on Harmony from time to time. I have a feeling there will be much more to this story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home