Ken's-Den

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Be careful WHAT you vote for

I'm not one for a lot of YouTube political messages but by clicking on the Title link, you will see one that I think you need to consider. I realize that it is made by an anti-Obama organization but the truth of it is alarming. It is designed to tug at your heart strings but frankly, I think we need that tugging in these days.

Barack's disdain for the Iraq war really sticks in my throat. When he refers to it as a mistake, I get angry because it disrespects our Soldiers and our Nation. Then throw in the hypocrisy factor and it's a wonder the guy doesn't choke on his own words.

What's the hypocrisy factor? It's in the fact that we have lost more people to gun violence in Chicago this year than we have lost Soldiers in the Iraq war this year. Isn't this his Hometown? Isn't he a Senator in this State? Where is the outrage over that? Oh, that's right! Our own people killing each other in the streets is not a political issue!

We've had more babies killed by abortion this year than we have lost Soldiers in the entire Iraq conflict but we call it a Law and a Right. May God have mercy on our Nation.

I will be voting Christian this year and while John McCain may not be the most ideal representative of that, he has Illinois "favorite Son" beat, hands down.

5 Comments:

  • Very well written! Amazing to me how soon people forget 9-11 and how quick they are to disrespect the very men and women that are fighting to keep us safe and continue to fight for the freedom we take for granted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 16 September, 2008 14:32  

  • Hmmmm...Who Would Jesus Bomb?

    My guess would be nobody.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 22 September, 2008 17:24  

  • hhmmmmm....
    I'm pretty sure that I would disagree with you on that one....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 22 September, 2008 21:18  

  • Who would Jesus bomb? I'm not sure but I am fairly sure he would compare apples to apples in a discussion and that He would sign his name to his opinion.

    By Blogger Ken, At 23 September, 2008 09:02  

  • Im not sure who you are disagreeing with but if it's me, you wouldn't be the first.

    By Blogger Ken, At 23 September, 2008 09:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home