Ken's-Den

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Worn out with waiting

31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)


I am currently learning some hard lessons. On the one hand, I have a promise from God that we are about to see the results of the seeds planted over the past 7 1/2 years. On the other hand, I see anything but results and I am highly frustrated with it all.

In the middle of all of it, the Church has been through some major stuff and I have wanted to handle things my own way but I keep hearing the voice of God speak to me to "wait."

Waiting has never been one of my strong points. I'm too bullheaded, stubborn and opinionated to wait on very much. (yes, I am confessing my faults) Waiting is something that can be misinterpreted as inattentiveness by others and maybe even weakness to some but yet God tells me to wait. I realize that I am speaking in generalities but yet that very act is part of the "wait" that God has spoken to me.

Although I am worn out with waiting, I have learned a few things about waiting in the process that I would like to share with you all.

1. Waiting puts you into a position where you have to hear from God! Many times we react to situations out of what we know or what we feel, without ever giving God time to speak to us. In this process I have learned that I do that a lot. I hope I learn my lesson.

2. Waiting puts you into a position of complete trust. Sometimes I am as subtle as a brick to the head. One thing I have to constantly be aware of is my tendency to handle things in a "in your face" kind of manner. A "here are the facts, now deal with it" kind of approach. God is teaching me that truth does its own slapping and doesn't need my help in the least.

3, Waiting helps you gain focus. When you are in a season of waiting, you must continually look to God in order to remember why you are waiting. That much time directed toward the Father can only strengthen ones soul and increase ones spiritual focus.

One thing that helps in the waiting process is to remember that none of us are perfect people. In fact, outside of God, I don't believe we are intended to be and even with God, it is a struggle for us all. In every conflict there is a "side" to take. The one thing that those "sides" have in common is that they both believe they are right. Wait on the Lord, take His side and surely your strength will be renewed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home