Ken's-Den

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Graduation Day

We are preparing to embark on an exciting journey. First, we will travle to my Mom and Dad's to spend the night, then on Friday, all of us will pack up and head for, what some in the Church of God, jokingly refer to as the "New Jerusalem", which is Cleveland, Tennessee.

Friday and Saturday night I will be part of the Graduate Class of the newly revised Ministerial Internship Program. It has been an 18 month endeavor that I sometimes wondered if I would get through. Serving as a Pastor and working bi-vocationally, there just did not seem to be enough time in the days but by God's grace, I have made it!

One of the big thrills for me is in having both Mom & Dad there with me. I really can't put what that means to me into words. Realizing how close we came to losing Dad nearly two years ago, causes me to realize how precious every opportunity is. Speaking of Dad, he is doing well and this Memorial Day will be the 2nd anniversary of his near fatal crash. This time we will be traveling to Tennessee in much better spirits than 2 years back!

I owe much to many in celebrating this weekend. Thanks to my lovely Wife, who endured my season of discontent with dignity and grace. Thanks to my Son, who causes me to daily want to be a better man. Thanks to my Church for extending me much love and grace during the process and Thanks to my God, for bestowing upon me the honor of being His servant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home