Ken's-Den

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Tolerance?

Here we are in "the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" having the issue of "Tolerance" shoved down our throats like a child of ages past, enduring a dose of Castor Oil.

I am free to believe whatever I choose to believe but if I publicly state that JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION, then I will be considered "intolerant" by others. Yet in the News this week there was a story of a British Woman that served as a Teacher in Sudan, whom they now want to execute because she allowed the children in her class to name a Teddy Bear, Muhammad. (the kicker is that they named the Bear after one of the children in the class)

In this Country, everyone is free to believe in most anything that they want. In this Country, we are protected by Freedom of Speech and can say most anything we want, unless of course, you are Christian. Do you think I am over-reacting? Consider this. Did you know that according to a law signed by the late Lyndon Johnson, if I publicly endorse a Candidate in election from my pulpit, my Church could lose its tax exempt status? So much for Freedom of Speech.

Now I may be a bit jaded but in my opinion, Tolerance in this Country is being touted for everyone but Christians. Meanwhile, a British woman is in fear for her life because she named a Teddy bear.

By the way, did I mention that, JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION?

Be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home