Ken's-Den

Friday, November 16, 2007

TipTOE through 2007

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It's the time of year that we concentrate on doing what we should do all year long. That is, BE THANKFUL!

We live in a blessed Country, even with its faults and flaws, its crooked Politicians and even our sinful natures, it is still a blessed Country. The thing that kills me is that with all that we have and all that we have accomplished, there seems to me to be an attitude of complaining that has literally INFECTED us. I believe that God allows trials in our lives, partly because we need to appreciate the blessings more than we do.

I've learned a lot about Thankfulness in 2007. For me it will be the year of the TOE! Thank God, I believe we have finally overcome it and I can Tomp amd Tomp again. (inside joke)

I'm thankful for a good Job that I have often complained about. It has provided for my family and given me the ability to continue to do the thing I love and am called to do. It has provided Insurance that has kept me afloat in the year of the Toe!

I'm thankful for a newer Car. After wearing two out with all of the miles we drive, I now have one that I don't have to worry about. One that will keep my family safe in the Winter months and one that I really LIKE!

I'm thankful for a loving Church that has walked through the trenches with me. We are small in number but huge in heart. My Church is AWESOME!

I'm thankful for a Home where peace can be felt by anyone that walks into it and for the Wife and Son that light up my life even on the dreariest of days.

I'm thankful for family! Those that understand me and even those that are frustrated by me. ;<) I have great family on both sides of my Marriage and I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of them!

I am thankful for the process of healing that my Dad is going through and especially thankful for His survival. Recently in an altar service, the power of God was so strong that Dad got out of his wheelchair and had other people sit in it, while he pushed them around! He still has a way to go but God is doing it, day by day!

There are many things more that I am thankful for but more than anything else, I am thankful for a living God that loves me more than words can say. He loves me when I am unlovable. He loves me when I am stupid. He loves me when I get it wrong and when I get it right. I am thankful to Him because without Him, none of the other things that He has blessed me with would matter. I'm not just thankful for the blessings but I am also learning to be thankful for the trials and the year of the Toe as well.

I hope this Thanksgiving that you will take time to set down and write out things you are thankful for. Whether you publish it somewhere or nor, does not matter. Who knows, you may need to read it in the year of whatever you may go through next!

Be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home