Ken's-Den

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Peace in the Storm


Prejudice in and of itself is not always a bad thing. For example, I have a pretty big sweet tooth and a belief that on the eighth day, God created Chocolate! I am way too fond of Candy Bars and I will eat just about any of them but if given the choice, I will choose a Snickers. Why? Because in my mind, beforehand, I have deemed them to be the best. That, in and of itself is not a bad thing, other than to my waistline!

Now imagine if I allowed my prejudice in Candy bars to slant my view of other people. For example, since I became so prejudice about MY Candy Bar that I look down my nose at anyone else who prefers another Candy bar. "In the original Greek" (as Pastors like to say) that would be called STUPID.

So, what is it when people allow silly pride and prejudice about their own race to affect their view of people from other races? "Because your skin is a different color than mine, I'm better than you" or "Because you speak a different langauge than I do, that makes me better than you" is even more STUPID. And yes, before you go there, I love STUPID people too! I want to smack them in the head more often but I love them just the same.

Thanks for listening to my rantings and when you get a chance, say a prayer for me that I will have peace in the Storm.

1 Comments:

  • I hear you Ken. I have to confess, that I used to be a person with great prejudices. The really odd thing, as I got older and the Lord began to change this in me, I realized that the only reason I was prejudiced was because others have told me to be. I had no reason. Funny thing was, I was fine watching a man of color pitch a ballgame or run a touchdown. I'd cheer him on. I look back at the years of my life where I was filled with this hatred with deep regret. One thing I love about this generation today... they seem not to see color. I pray no one corrupts their thinking.

    Good post man!

    By Blogger Darrell, At 27 October, 2007 08:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home