Ken's-Den

Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Holy Days!

I was reading my friend Darrell's Blog about all of the Politically correct garbage of saying "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas and it put me in mind of something I recently experienced. (Before I share it with you, let me suggest that you check out Darrell's blog and the song that is on it)

During the Thanksgiving Holiday, I took Sam to see, "Fred Clause." It was an "OK" movie that had a few laughs and a decent story line but at the ending of it they play the song, Silent Night. It is a cover of the song by some popular Artist of the day. She has a beautiful voice and I thought "how great is it that they actually put a Christian song into the Movie!"

It was only after the Movie that my youngest brother, Jeremy, pointed out to me that they had pretty much taken Christ out of the Song. How? The ending of the first verse is, "sleep in heavenly peace" which she sang perfectly. The ending of the second verse is "Christ the Savior is born" which is totally absent from the Movie version of the Song. In its place the Singer simply repeats, "sleep in heavenly peace."

Now Friends, I have to ask the question. Have we become so politically correct that we have lost our common sense? I'm a pretty nice guy. I can put up with a lot of junk but I am honestly getting fed up with the stupidity that society is attempting to force on us. If the name, Jesus Christ, used in its proper context offends you, then GOOD! Why is it that it is not acceptable to mention anything related to Christ, unless we use it as a swear word? This Country was founded upon biblical and Christian values and if that offends anyone then deal with it. If our Politicians do not have enough backbone to stand up for the principles that this Country was founded on then let's change Politicians.

So I say to any and all that may read this, MERRY CHRISTMAS! And I encourage every Believer to insist upon greeting every Clerk in every Store that you shop at with, "Merry Christmas!" If they object, ask them why and then take your business elsewhere. In my opinion, the only reason this PC junk has any weight at all, is because the Christian voice has been silent for too long.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Merry Christmas, ya'll! Because CHRIST THE SAVIOR Lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home