Ken's-Den

Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Father's privilege



Earlier this year I was privileged to Baptize my Son, Samuel! Sam had made a confession of faith in Christ and wanted Dad to Baptize him.

I've done some pretty cool things in my lifetime that I never thought I would be able to do. As a Drummer, I have played with some very gifted Musicians. As an Individual I have been able to meet a few people of great influence. As a Pastor I have married, buried and baptized some mighty fine people. But this was far and away one of coolest, most humbling and life affecting things that I have ever taken part in.

You see, Sam came along at a point when Debbie and I were not sure we would ever have a child. His name, Samuel, has a meaning of, "for this child, I prayed" and "gift of God." A million thoughts went through my mind as I baptized him with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. I thank God for the privilege of once again, doing something that I thought I may never be able to do!

In typical Sam fashion, the first words out of his mouth when he emerged from the water was, "COLD!!"

1 Comments:

  • That is a cool thing. I can relate. Just a month or so ago I got to baptize my son. I actually had done this once before, when he was about 6, but he wanted to be baptized again, so I did it. It was still awesome, maybe even more so than the first time, because he is now a young man, and it cool to know that at 17 he wanted all his friends to know where he stood with Christ.

    By Blogger Darrell, At 04 October, 2007 16:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home