Ken's-Den

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Catching up

It seems that the older I get, the faster that Life goes! Even when I think I am catching up, I get further behind. Suffice it to say that I have been busy lately so I thought I would take a bit of time and catch you up.

Those of you that have been regular readers, know that I went through the Ministerial Internship program this past year. What you may not have known was that although my Classroom work was done, I was still behind on several test. There was a month that I had missed and three tests that we had to take on our own. Two of them were on Old Testament and New Testament and were actually several tests within the two. I had been putting it off until I had more time to adequately study, when one day it hit me, "I'm probably not going to get more time!" So I decided to bite the bullet and take all of my tests at once and see which ones I would have to re-do. LOL

I received word today that I passed every one of them! Yea! Certainly not the best score in the class but I will sure take it! I still have some process to go through but the testing phase is complete.

Things have been good, just extremely busy. Since my bi-vocation is in Farm implements, this Harvest Season has been the busiest time of year. On top of that, I am trying to get more physically active in hopes of gaining some in the area of health. Sam has been helping me with that. We've been to Starved Rock State Park and have hiked our legs off. Tuesday we went to a Forest Preserve and Japanese Garden. It was a lot of walking and a lot of fun. My Boy is turning into quite the young man!

Church wise, we are holding our own. We have had some great things happen recently. Some of you will remember David. David was the young man that began writing to me while he was in Prison. This past Sunday was the six month Anniversary of David's release and he testified, thanking God for another chance and for the fact that he was drug free! He is a really great guy. Keep him in your prayers!

Sunday was also the day that one of my Heroin addicted families came back from a Vacation. As normal as that might sound to some, it was truly miraculous. You see, just a year ago, any extra money that they may have had to go on a Vacation with, would have been spent on their habit. During their Vacation, the Father was reunited with a Daughter that he had never really known. God is doing an awesome work in their lives. They looked "healthy" and that is a huge thing. It's been a long road for them and there may still be set backs but the chances of that decrease with every passing day.

I've learned some hard lessons in my nearly seven years here. One of them is that "Victory" sometimes comes, one day at a time. I thank God for this past Sunday. I'll take as many of them as I can get!

1 Comments:

  • As I read your thought I was reminded of the words of Jesus when He spoke of speaking to and removing the mountains. We often see it as an event, of it all being moved at one instance, when in truth it is often a process where He moves things one rock at a time. Thanks! I rejoice in your victories with you!

    By Blogger Neil, At 10 November, 2007 09:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home