Ken's-Den

Friday, December 28, 2007

Heading into 2008



I trust that you all had a wonderful, Christ filled, Christmas and I even hope that Santa was good to you!

Looking back on 2007 I give God praise for His blessings in my life. As with everyone, there were high points and low points, but thankfully, in my life, the Highs outnumbered the Lows.

I'm not a big believer in New Years resolutions, because in my experience they usually end up becoming "revolutions" meaning that we make them over and over again. But I have set some goals for 2008. Some lofty ones, in fact. I'd like to share some with you so that I can look back, going into 2009, and hopefully find some accountability in them.

In 2008 I want to get to know God better. That may sound strange for a Pastor to say but I'm nothing, if not honest. As strange as it may sound, I have found that those that are supposed to know the most about God, are the ones who forget what "relationship" with Him is about. I do so many things, simply because it is what I am supposed to do and what I know to do. I know when I am supposed to pray and supposed to Praise and supposed to do this and such, so much so, to the point that I sometimes lose sight of the fact that I GET to do all of those things. God is a god of never ending relationship and I want to KNOW Him more.

In 2008 I am going to become more healthy. Yes, I even have a weight loss goal but my health goal is more than that. I noticed something while Christmas shopping this year. As I was walking through the Stores in a very trendy Suburb, I looked at the peoples faces. Here we were, at a glorius time of year, when joy should permeate hearts and all I could see was people with what I call, scrunched up faces! There were very few smiles and a whole bunch of stress. I thought to myself, "how sad that these people do not know how to enjoy Christmas!" Then it happened! As I looked around, I caught my reflection in a Store window and guess what? I was one of those people with a scrunched up face! After I got over my shock, I tried something that some might find silly. I deliberately thought of something pleasant and I smiled and you know what? I felt better! Now I'm not suggesting that we all go around grinning like idiots but I do think I am going to work on smiling more. I owe it to myself, my family, my Church, my health and my God.

In 2008 I am going to be more daring. I can't really explain it other than to say that so many times we stop short of what we want because someone or something has convinced us that we CAN'T! I'm even working on a Sermon series that I will call, "Who says you can't?" Who knows, I might even listen to it! LOL

In 2008 I am going to be a better Man because I believe we are living in a time when this world needs better Men. I want to be a man of Compassion, strength and Character, more than I ever have before. I owe that to everyone!

Happy New Year, everyone and may 2008 bless your socks off!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home