Ken's-Den

Thursday, September 20, 2007

On the lighter side

I just wanted to take a few moments to share some random thoughts of a warped mind that I find funny.

CURRENT EVENTS:

Poor O.J. Simpson! :<( Apparently his feverish search for the "real killers" led him to the wrong place at the wrong time. Now think real hard with me here for a minute. What infamous rhyme will come out of this trial or will the glove fit?

Hillary Clinton called Dick Cheney, "Darth Vader" this week, which leads me to an unsolved riddle. What is it when Evil calls Evil, "evil"?

Kevin Federline is sueing his ex-wife, Brittany Spears for custody of their children, alleging that Brittany has a substance abuse problem. Do I really need to explain why this is funny? But now I do have to pull out the classic joke. After their divorce, K-Fed changed his monicker to Fed-X!

After a nearly two hour talk by John Kerry, a University of Florida student was forcibly removed and tazed after persisting with questions. Some say the young man staged the event but didn't count on being tazed. So What's funny about that? Students at an institution of higher learning, listened to John Kerry for nearly TWO HOURS!!! By the end of that I'm betting that they wish they would have "ended up in Iraq!"


FOOD RELATED EVENTS:

Have you ever wondered if the "5 second rule" for dropped food came from the provision of Manna?

Have you ever wondered why we pray over food that we call, "pot-luck"? Seems to me that if luck is involved, you are just taking your chances.

SHEER RANDOMIZATION

What do worms teach their young about promptness and diligence? "the early Bird gets the Worm"

If the Government can now charge a Gas guzzler tax on new Cars that get bad mileage, shouldn't we be able to get a refund on bad roads?

Have you ever wondered if global warming is really caused by Al Gore's hot air?




That's it for now. I feel much better!

5 Comments:

  • Ken, you have had entirely too much time on your hands, my friend!
    Good stuff though. I enjoyed the humor.

    By Blogger Darrell, At 23 September, 2007 20:17  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 25 September, 2007 11:13  

  • Hi Pastor,

    I could not help but comment,

    First of all, I think that Hillary calling Cheney “Darth Vader” was definitely the wrong choice of title. Darth Vader would of caught bin laden by now :-). As far as Hillary goes, read the joke I posted bellow.

    Hillary Clinton vs. God

    Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore were in an airplane that crashed. They're up in heaven, and God's sitting on the great white throne. God addresses Al first.
    "Al, what do you believe in?"
    Al replies, "Well, I believe that the combustion engine is evil and that we need to save the world from CFCs and that if any more freon is used, the whole earth will become a greenhouse and we'll all die."
    God thinks for a second and says "Okay, I can live with that. Come and sit at my left."
    God then addresses Bill. "Bill, what do you believe in?"
    Bill replies, "Well, I believe in power to the people. I think people should be able to make their own choices about things and that no one should ever be able to tell someone else what to do. I also believe in feeling people's pain."
    God thinks for a second and says "Okay, that sounds good. Come and sit at my right."
    God then address Hillary. "Hillary, what do you believe in?"
    "I believe you're in my chair."

    By Blogger Unknown, At 25 September, 2007 11:16  

  • Welcome to blog world, or at least to my knowing you are here! I love to blog and if you don't mind will link you to mine....could get you in trouble. Found a new place to eat in downtown Chicago, Webber Grill, you have to try it, eat outside if it's warm!

    Neil

    By Blogger Oasis World Outreach, At 28 September, 2007 12:33  

  • No problem, Neil! If you will tell me how to link I will be glad to return the favor!

    By Blogger Ken, At 01 October, 2007 09:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home