Ken's-Den

Saturday, August 18, 2007

A long, exhausting week

This past week has been one exhausting month. For starters, I am now officially on round three with the infection in my Toe. Three bouts since January! I'm not real happy with that and even unhappier because I know as much of what is causing it as I did in January. I'm trying a foot Doctor on Monday to see if he can help. You would think that after 15 thousand dollars of treatment, I would at least have an idea of what is wrong? I guess that's why they call it "practicing medicine." Sigh

Then, last Sunday morning I woke up in severe pain from my neck and shoulders. The pain almost made me nauseous at times. My Chiropractor has me pretty well straightened out now but I'm afraid my Sunday Sermon suffered more than I did! LOL I have a great group of people that love me. I'm real thankful for that!

Then, I received word this week that a good friend of mine has developed lung Cancer in his right lung. That hurt worse than anything that I suffered with. They are doing more testing to give a prognosis so please add Junior C. to your prayer list.

On top of all that, I handled some family matters in a less than stellar manner and I've got some big time making up to attempt to do. Fortunately, it does not involve Debbie or Sam so I don't have to sleep in the dog house!

Other than that, I've had a GREAT week! If you are one of those that thought that Pastors live perfect lives, viewed through Rose colored glasses, then I hate to burst your bubble.

The Apostle Paul said, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Tim 1:15 (KJV)." I have a clearer understanding of that verse today.

Luckily for me, God is merciful. I wear Him out but He is merciful. I'm expecting a better week ahead. Be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home