Ken's-Den

Monday, August 13, 2007

Two of my Favorites


Not long ago, Debbie took Sam to John's Christian Bookstore to see one of my favorite Artist, Todd Agnew. Unfortunately I was unable to go! :<( Something about work and Mortgage and bills, I don't know?

A love for Todd Agnew's music is something that Sam and I share, (Deb too but this is a guy thing, LOL) and also a cool bond between us. Obviously, by the picture, you can see that Sam is thrilled. It's usually tough to get Sam to smile a "normal" smile for pictures. I can hear my Mom snickering now, saying "you're reaping what you've sown!"

I turned 45 back on August 4th. It's really hard for me to believe too because I'm not that old in my mind. In fact, I will still admit to cranking the Car Stereo to as loud as the Speakers will tolerate and loving every minute of it. There have been a few times where it was really funny because I'll be in traffic with the tunes cranked up and people will look, and then they get the strangest looks on their faces because they expect to see someone much younger! Oh well, what can I say? I'm warped and love every minute of it. Besides, my motto has always been, "if it's too loud, you're too old!"

I really enjoy Todd Agnew's music but I truly love his writing. He isn't afraid to say what's on his mind, through his music and his newest Album, (OK the 45 is showing, guess I should say CD) "Better Questions" is another fine work that makes you think. And yeah, I really enjoy the 3 pack a day sounding voice too.

I was raised on Southern Gospel and I'm truly thankful that I've been delivered! ;<) Hey, if it's your cup of tea, I'm proud for you. Like what you like, love what you love, do what you do. Just extend to me the same courtesy, Please.

Some may argue with me but I have found that God is not limited by the limits we place on Him. In fact, He can get glory from music that has an edge, just the same as music that has a twang. The importance is not in whether or not sing songs from "The Red Backed Hymnal" or choruses "on the wall." The importance is in the hearts that sing them and even those that listen. So whether you like your tunes cranked to 11, or you get into an old Happy Goodman tune, I say, "Rock on!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home