Ken's-Den

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Pastors Revival

Back on July 23rd, while driving back from the store with supplies to fix my neighbors roof, I felt God speak to my heart the following. "You need to call Neil Smith to see if he can come up for an August Revival." Neil & I have been friends for a good many years. We even went to Junior High together for a spell, back when my Dad pastored Indian Trail in Aurora. Although I would consider us great friends, we haven't stayed that connected through the years but ours is the type of friendship that needs about two minutes and a cup of coffee to pick up where we left off. Neil is a man that I greatly respect and admire and that is not a compliment that I hand out too often.

I have felt God speak to me many times before and there have been times when I thought I heard Him and would later write it off to pizza the night before. This particular time I was very confident of what I had heard but I thought, "I'll do it later" as we so often do. Imagine my surprise when I arrived home from the store and the answering machine contained a message from---- yep, Neil Smith! Not only that, but Neil was wondering if I could use him for an August revival! Hmmmm! The funny thing is, other than a brief visit last year, when Dad was still in the Hospital, Neil & I had not spoken in a few years. The time on the message was precisely the time when I was driving home, feeling the need to call. Talk about a God thing!

Well, although we faced a few obstacles, we did have Revival from August 3rd to August 6th. As I expected it to be, it was powerful time of ministry to the entire Church but to none so more than me! During that time God spoke into my spirit and it was during that time that I realized how desperately I needed Him to. Looking back now, I find it so cool that God would use a long time friend, to come in and speak a prophetic Word to rekindle a fire for a Church that I love with all of my heart. What an awesome God!!!

To my friend, Neil, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart for your wise Counsel and being the vessel that God has truly created you to be. To my Church I say, "Let's Go Forward!" And to my Awesome, loving God, I say thank You for a weekend of soul refreshing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home