Ken's-Den

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Politically correct incorrectness??

The "buzz word" of the past decade or so has been "politically correct." (or incorrect depending upon ones usage) I have always found this to be a fascinating ideaology for several reasons.

Who determines what is politically correct or incorrect? And how did we ever survive all this time without it? :<) Is it a Committee function or a dictatorial one? Is there a Political correctness Police force? Or is it a Volunteer effort.

Hopefully by now, you can see that I am rather tongue in cheek about this but there is a whole boat load of hypocrisy in the ideaology, that's for certain.

What do I mean? Well, let's look at it this way, shall we? For generation after generation the Church was the moral compass that society lived by. Those that lived within the codes of faith were generally good, hard working and respectable people and those that did not live within those same codes were generally respectful of those that did. How people behaved publicly was, in great part, due to these same values or codes.

Then we went into an era where "seperation of Church and State" became perverted from what the framers of the Constitution originally intended. If you were to do a true historical study you would see that the said intent was to prevent the State from dictating to the Church. It was never intended in a vice versa manner. This is obviously true from everything that those early Fathers of our nation did. "In God we trust", beginning sessions of Congress with prayer, and even beginning the convening of the Supreme Court in like manner.

So what happened? As a Nation, we forgot how to behave in a respectable manner. I remember a time, "back in my day" (LOL) when men would not swear with women or children in their company. Now days, women and children could teach a Sailor a thing or two! We discarded the Church and upheld our "freedom of speech" to the point of abuse. And then we decided that "something had to be done!" So now, we have "Political correctness" in an attempt to restore what had been done so well and for so long. It's hypocrisy, plain and simple.

I know how to act and I'm sure of what I think. I may be wrong but I also believe that I have a right to be wrong. I also believe that you have a right to be wrong and it seldom offends me when you are. I've come to a conclusion in life and that is this: The most often offended people in the world are the ones continually looking to be offended. What a sad way to live! Pardon my incorrectness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home