Ken's-Den

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, America!

Greetings to you and yours on our Nations Birthday! A brief bit of C-Span that I caught this week reminded me that no matter how much things change, they usually stay the same.

Although rarely short of an opinion, I'm not too political. I try to stay somewhat informed and I generally love the drama of Politics but other than that, I'd rather catch a Cubs game! But the Scooter Libby events of the week were definitely front and center.

First, let me say that I think what President Bush did in the Libby case, stinks to high heaven. It certainly did nothing to improve W's character or approval rating so for the record, I think it stinks.

However, (and keeping in mind that I have no allegiance to either party) it didn't take very long for the Democrats to show their blatant hypocrisy. I find it puzzling why the Dems attack W so strongly at this point of his administration. I'm sure that for the most part, when the history writers are done, that this will be considered a failed administration and that may or may not be so, But just like the Kerry Campaign of 04, they are still zeroing in on the man, (even though he can't run in 08) and instead of telling us what they will do differently, they just tell us how bad Bush is. Note to Dems: If you've got something, bring it. We already know what we have been through.

The C-Span icing on the Cake of hypocrisy this week was none other that Hillary Clinton. Surprised? I was! Not at her being hypocritical but rather the source of it. She and Bill, (remember him? Source of late night talk show jokes about stained dresses and immoral Cigars.) were in Iowa and she was stumping big time. Then she dared to go where I couldn't believe she would. Condemning Bush for Commuting Libby's sentence and abusing the Office of the President! Gaaaaaaasssssssp!

Before I end, let me first speak about the difference in commutation and pardon. If one's sentence is pardoned, their record of wrong is wiped clean. There is no attachment of guilt whatsoever. When one has a sentence commuted, they are simply not required to serve jail time. Their record still has the mark of wrong on it, all fines are still in place. In other words, they did it.

Now, why was I surprised at Hillary taking on this subject? If memory serves me correctly, On the very last day Of Bill's presidency, he signed around 250 Presidential Pardons. Many of them very controversial but pardoned nonetheless. So with Bill looking on in the background, I found it a little hard to stomach, Hillary speaking about abusing the office of President.

Happy Birthday, America! Here's to many, many more! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home