Ken's-Den

Monday, July 09, 2007

07/07/07 & Global warming

So, did anyone get caught up in the 07/07/07 craze? I mean that everything from hitting it big in Vegas to Jesus coming back was supposed to happen Saturday. Me, well, I was at my brother-in-laws having Dinner and setting off fireworks! (not necessarily at the same time)

Sometimes we just go out of our way to be crazy! I mean, honestly folks, do we think this was the first time all the numbers on a Calender matched up? I don't remember all the fuss over 07/07/77 and the only thing I remember about 08/08/88 was that it was the first scheduled night game at Wrigley. (and it was rained out) Saturday was the biggest day for weddings in recent history! I feel bad for the guys too because if you ever forget that anniversary, you are in deep trouble!!!

Me, I'm waiting on December 13th, 2014! Yeah, that's right 12/13/14!I may actually play the Lottery on that day! LOL

Did anyone else find that Earth concert for global warming to be ironically funny? Just the idea of all of these bands and Acts flying in Jets to all of these locations for the cause of global warming seemed a bit oxy-moronical to me. Then figure in the facts that many of the "Entertainers" own several homes around the world when they can only live in one at a time and then it becomes a bit hypocritcal. And don't get me started on Al Gore's enviromentally friendly, Tennesee mansion. (yes, that is dripping in sarcasm)

Don't get me wrong, whether global warming is real or whether global warming is the next Y2K, I believe we have a God given responsibility to take care of our planet. But I sure don't think we are going to "sing" anyone into doing it. I'm betting that the garbage collected from all of the concert venues was enough to fill and close another landfill. It would even be funnier if it weren't so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home