Ken's-Den

Monday, June 25, 2007

One Crazy Month!

June has really been a busy month for me. We have worked a lot of overtime at work and that, along with the rest of my "normal" life has really kept me on the go. I'll give you an example:

This past week was our Regional Campmeeting. Services started on Wednesday and went through Sunday night. Since I work 2nd shift, I was only able to make Saturday and Sunday but on Thursday night they were having a recognition for all of the MIP candidates. I had worked hard for it and wanted to be there but since I have missed so much work this year with my Toe problems, I knew I couldn't make the entire service. Since the Campmeeting was only about 1 mile from where I worked, I asked if I could leave for awhile and that request was granted.

At 7:00 p.m. Debbie picked me up from work. I had brought a change of shirt and Tie and a Sportcoat so when we arrived at 7:05 I went straight in to change. By 7:15 they had started the presentation which went very well. By 7:40 I was back at work for the rest of the evening.

Looking back on it, it was a little strange. Not the ceremony but the course of the day. At one point I was at work, directing people in what to do in order to get the job done. Within 15 minutes I was standing in front of a few hundred people with my fellow classmates and within 40 minutes I was back at work as if nothing had ever happened.

That one evening is a snapshot of June for me. I wonder what July will bring???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home