Ken's-Den

Friday, July 06, 2007

A bit more Politics

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it hilarious that the only "front running" Republican candidate for President that has one wife, is a Mormon?

It seems that the only thing that the Republicans want to discuss, is how they would have been against the War in Iraq, if they hadn't been for it, first! (a little too Kerryish for me)

Let's talk about Iraq for a moment. Sadly, I believe it is an unwinnable war. That has nothing to do with U.S. policies or public opinion. It's just the fact that the people of Iraq have warred against each other for decades. That's how Hussein came into power in the first place. Holding the lolli-pop of Democracy out in front of factions of people bent on control, is a no-win situation. While I respect and support our U.S. Soldiers, I can't stand the fact that WE are dieing for Freedoms that some Iraqians do not seem to want.

One Correction from my last blog: Slick Willy Clinton, only pardoned 140 people in the final hours of his Presidency! Now, I feel better, don't you?

3 Comments:

  • Hi pastor,

    I see you are working your way up in the search engines. I happened to stumble across your blog and think it’s pretty cool. I will not get in detailed politics at the moment. They only make my blood pressure go up. You are right though about us not winning the war in Iraq. I tell you one good thing that I do know about politics and that is Bush Jr, can’t run for president again. I do believe that presidential history is going to be made in 2008. I wonder if Bill left any of his old stuff back at the White House.

    Talk You Soon,

    Dom.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 09 July, 2007 02:01  

  • Hi Dom,

    I probably share a different point of view about Bush than you do. He is far from perfect but miles ahead of his predecessor in my opinion. If my prayers are answered, Bill won't be back at the White House anytime soon, in any capacity. But even if he is and SHE is, I will still pray for our President every day as we always should.

    Be blessed,

    Pastor ken

    By Blogger Ken, At 10 July, 2007 10:05  

  • Hi Pastor,

    Hope you are having a good week. My comment about our president was not meant to discredit his leadership of this country. It just seems like the media focuses too much of their attention on criticizing what they think he is doing wrong. Maybe I am under the impression that the “good” behind him not be reelected will some how stop this, but it wont. It is to the point now where all there text of talk and special segments are created from the negative and people eat it up. Because this approach seems to increase there ratings they continue to waste time and this takes importance away from the good things Bush has already done. I agree with you that Bush is miles ahead of Bill. For example, his important stand on social conservatism fails to be mentioned by the media. This just shows where this world is and where it is heading if certain priorities don't change.

    Talk to you later,

    Dom

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11 July, 2007 12:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home