Ken's-Den

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!



Yes, I know, I still make you proud! I had promised Sam that if we could get one good picture at Easter, then I would take one goofy one with him, so here ya go!

It is a little strange, (but you know me) writing to you on such a public forum but I had a few things to say that I want the whole world to know. (OK everyone, quit looking at the picture now)

First, I want to say how thankful that I am to be one of your Sons. In ministry work I have seen many types and variations of families. Some good, some--not so good. I have dealt with children who have seen and heard things that I could have never imagined at their tender age and while my heart sometimes breaks for them, I also get a profound sense of how blessed I was to be raised in the Home that you and Dad made for us. It is even maore amazing when you take into account the numerous times we moved and the varied places we have lived but you made them all "home" for us and I have never forgotten that.

Next, I want to say thank you for loving me unconditionally. I do realize that I gave you more grief than all of your children combined but in everyday of my life I know that I have been loved and that speaks greatly to what you have poured into me over the years. Thanks for giving me the freedom to be me. It may not have been the wisest choice on your part But I do appreciate. Know that in my heart I am still that kid driving down the street with my body almost completely protruding out of the Car while you shrank from embarrasement in the passenger seat. (you had to be there)

Lastly, I want to say how incredibly proud I am of you. I have always known the amazing inner strength that you have maintained but these past few years since Dad's accident, I have simply been in awe of you. (I'm really proud of you too Dad but your day is coming!)

Mom, if I could give you everything that you would ever want or need and could alleviate every pain or worry that you might ever have, it would still not be enough to repay all that you have poured into me. I love you and wish you an awesome Happy Mothers Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home