Ken's-Den

Monday, April 14, 2008

THE THING THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO CHANGE

I know that I have been A.W.O.L. for awhile but instead of getting into the details of what I have been doing, let's just say that life has been busy. One thing blogging has taught me is a deeper appreciation for those that write everyday articles in Newspapers and such.

I wrote recently about the "change" that Obama wants to bring and with the new round of mudslinging this weekend between Barack and Hillary, one thing is apparent. The thing that has not changed and more than likely will not change is that Politicians cannot be trusted. In fact, I think I would rather pet a Crocodile first and that won't be happening anytime soon.

Since I have brought up the animal kingdom, let's talk about the Chameleon of the bunch, Republican Senator, John McCain. Currently, he is sitting in a pretty good spot politically, being able to save up a war chest of Campaign money, while the 2 Democratic candidates slug it out.

When the Campaign first started, (note to Obama--you started way too early) I felt that there was a snowball's chance in Yuma for a Republican candidate to be elected this time. Now I am not so sure and for two reasons. 1. If others are like me, they are sick of the Democratic in fighting and 2. McCain is so Democratic that he might just stand a chance. I believe it will depend upon his choice of running mate.

But that is the thing that bothers me about Sen. McCain. What you see is not always what you get. (of course that is true of most politicians) McCain has always been portrayed as a liberal ram rod but during this Campaign he has seemed to embrace a more Conservative view. What will we get if he gets to the White House? I really do not know.

Recently, some have picked on his War record and even his P.O.W. status. It is really a sad thing when we feel we must attack someone's record of Military service to this Country in order to make our Candidates look better. Yes, it was just as sad when they did it to Kerry as well. It's even sadder that we have seemingly become a tit for tat Nation.

The dilemma that befalls me is a simple one. Who do you vote for when you don't trust any of the Candidates? It is a dilemma that I have not answered yet. I personally believe that the electoral process of this Nation is broken and needs serious "fixing." Maybe it will come down to this, A Chamleon or a Croc, which one will do more damage?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home