Ken's-Den

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Wonderful weekend

After my first full week back after Vacation, we had a wonderful weekend. It started out a little bit scary but ended well and that is what matters. The scary part? Let me explain.

On Saturday morning Sam was picked up by the family of one of his good friends for a Birthday party. They were going bowling and eating Pizza and having a great time. Then as little boys will do, Sam called home asking if Blaise could spend the night. We said OK and everything was set in order.

The Employee Club at work was having "Dinner and a Movie" night, so I had already planned to take Debbie to the movies, (especially since I only had to buy one ticket!) but the plans had now changed to include two little guys along with us and we decided to see the new blockbuster, "Horton hears a Who." At this point I believe the last grown up Movie we saw was "Citizen Kane" but I digress!

I went to the ticket window and cashed in my free coupon and ordered 1 more adult ticket and two childrens tickets. The young man working the Counter seemed a bit confused by it but we got our tickets in short order. It wasn't until we were standing in the refreshment line that I noticed that the blemish faced young man had charged me a Senior Adult fare!

Now I realize that the grey in my hair is becoming much more pronounced but the week before Debbie and I had Dessert with Neil & Julie Smith and I'm sure that Neil looks older than I do! :<) (Love ya Bud) I was torn between being offended and realizing that I had gotten a good deal. Guess which one won out?

Anyway, it was great to be back at Church on Sunday and begin my 8th year there. We had a terrific Palm Sunday service and our Praise & Worship team really rocked the House. It was a good turn out and whether I am considered a Senior or not, It was good to be home!

I pray you all have a great Easter Week!

3 Comments:

  • We had a great time with you guys, thanks for your ear and for desert!
    I do want you to know that I have earned the bags under my eyes and the gray hair, though I do my best to keep the gray covered! Give Debbie our love and Julie's email address:
    julie@heritageacademyschool.org

    Talk with you soon!

    By Blogger Neil, At 20 March, 2008 17:41  

  • We had a great time as well. I am really missing it right now as we prepare for 6 to 9 inches of Snow on Good Friday!
    Anyway, I just said you looked older than I do, not that you are Old! :<) I've always said that I would take a whole head full of gray hair. Looks like I'm gypped again!

    By Blogger Ken, At 20 March, 2008 22:34  

  • Did you see my March 3rd blog entry?? You are not alone.

    By Blogger Trisha, At 27 April, 2008 16:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home