Ken's-Den

Monday, March 10, 2008

Things I have learned

Hi!

We just returned from a Vacation in mostly Sunny, Florida. We had a great time but it is good to be home. While there we met up with my Buds, Neil & Julie Smith. It was their 21st anniversary and they shared part of it with us. Neil is a great guy and I really enjoy spending time with him and although I had actually met Julie once before, I had always referred to her as "Mrs. Columbo." (you know, the Wife that you never see) Well, Mrs. Columbo does exist and she is a perfect compliment to a great Friend.

As was this time, we usually Vacation upon my Anniversary of Service at Narragansett. (7th year) With that in mind it was a reflective week and I thought I would share some of the things I have learned. Now before you get all excited and expect pearls of wisdom, let me remind you of who is writing. Are you ready?

1. The Sun is always shining somewhere! But it really helps if you can see it.

We flew home Sunday morning, surrounded by beautiful Sunlight. As we made the trek North, the Sunlight was enhanced by the most wonderful looking clouds that I have ever seen. The radiance of the Sunlight enhanced the whiteness of the Clouds and made them appear as a blanket beneath us.

As we broke the plane of the Clouds during our landing, the appearance of the Clouds changed dramatically and what had just been a beautiful blanket quickly became a shield that prevented most of the Sunlight from shining through. It was a typical Chicago winters day, rather bleak and depressing by its very appearance. Thankfully, the Clouds broke in the afternoon and the Sun appeared but the events of the day, drove home some very important truths. The Sun is always shining. Sometimes you just have to know it.

2. Avoid travel during the time change! I have no more to add to that. Just trust me! LOL

3. Concerning parenthood, ALL EFFORTS TO APPEAR COOL ARE FUTILE!!!!
Nuff said!

4. If snow is beautiful to you, you have either spent too much time in the Sunshine or you are just a sick individual. Yes, even Christmas time!!!!

5. People who drive slow can always find the people who don't and even on a six lane highway, they will drive in your lane.

6. People who have a "lane" have a tendency to drive fast.


Enough for now. I gotta look for the Sun in a snow storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home