Ken's-Den

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Funny Thing About Change

I've been fairly quiet on the political front lately, basically because I am not very thrilled about any Candidate. The way I have it figured right now is that regardless of what party I vote for in November, I am reduced to voting for a far left leaning, Liberal. Yes, I could, and might do the write in thing but there is an almost certainty that one of these three Clowns will be the next President and I will probably have to do, like I do when I vote for Illnois' Governer. Vote for the lesser of two evils. The problem I am having in the Presidential Campaign is in determining who the lesser of evil is?

I have no problem with a former Prisoner of War and War Hero being the President of the United States. I have no problem with a Woman being the President of the United States. I have no problem with a Black Man being the President of the United States.

My problem with all three Candidates, is not their Valor, their Gender or their race. It is in how they have presented themselves in recent years. While I have no problem with a War hero, Prisoner of War being President, I don't want to elect one just on that merit. McCain is as far left in ideaology as one can go in my opinion. While I have no problem with a Woman being President, I sure don't want one elected just because she is a Woman. My personal belief is that this Country cannot afford Hillary. In order to pay for the things she will want to do, we had better get ready to be taxed beyond belief. While I have no problem with a Black Man being President, I believe it would be foolish to vote for one, just because he is Black.

Barack Obama speaks very much about change and many people are following the message. I understand it. I too would like to see change. But the problem with running on a platform of "change" is that "change" has many definitions. If you have lived a relatively healthy life and are stricken with a disease, guess what, things have changed. The trouble with the American public is that we have the memory life of a gnat so let's talk about Mr. Change.

Obama came on the scene by winning an Congressional Seat representing the State of Illinois. What many people have forgotten is that the only reason that Barack won that campaign was because of the moral and ethical fallout of the heavily favored Republican Candidate, Jack Ryan.

Barack became the choice for a keynote address at the Democratic Convention and what a speech he did give. It was by all accounts, excellent. But let's talk about what he has done in the Senate, representing our fine State. It boils down to three things for me. 1. He has missed several important votes. Why? 2. He made a highly publicized trip to Kenya! Yay,that's good for Illinois? 3. He ran for President of the United States. Man, we are reaping the Harvest of "Change" so far in this State!

The thing that bothers me most about Mr. Obama is not the false e-mails flying around about whether or not he is a Muslim. (I don't believe he is) The thing that bothers me most is this, what kind of change is he talking about? In recent weeks, Obama's Pastor, "Rev." Jeremiah Wright, has made National News. Obama belongs to Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago and has for the past 20 years. This Church's doctrine and creed are questionable to me, to say the least but at the forefront is "Rev." Wright. (recently retired) You can find some samples of "Rev." Wright's work by clicking on the Title link of this blog entry but I will warn you, it contains strong language and is not for the faint of heart. I have many more thoughts on "Rev." Wright's "doctrine" but let's just boil it down to say that I believe he espouses bigotry and hate in a far worse manner than any that he complains about.

The real issue to me is this. "Rev." Wright was Obama's Pastor for twenty years. He married Barack and Michelle. He dedicated their children. He has served as a "spiritual" mentor to Obama. Obama's book, "The audacity of Hope" was taken from one of "Rev." Wright's sermons. One of the reason's that "Rev." Wright retired from pulpit ministry was to serve on Obama's Presidential Campaign! What kind of change are we talking about???

Then when the sound bites began to hit National news, they quickly wisked "Rev." Wright away and Obama began denouncing his comments as comments of an era in the past. Then last week, the rhetoric changed and Obama began stating that "Rev." Wright's comments were being taken out of context. I have this simple question. In what contextual format would it ever be acceptable for a Pastor in the United States of America to say, "God @#$% America?"

Change is a funny thing. Sometimes you can actually get worse.

(I will have more to say about Hillary and McCain in the days ahead)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home