Ken's-Den

Monday, February 18, 2008

Roger and Me

Much of the "News" recently has revolved around Pitcher, Roger Clemens, and his alleged use of performance enhancing drugs. It has almost turned into a lame form of entertainment with Clemens and his personal trainer, Brian McNamee, accusing each other of lieing and has gone so far as to have Clemens file suit against his former trainer.

Before I go any further, I thought I would share with you a list of similarities between Roger Clemens and myself. Roger and I, were both born on August 4th, 1962! At one point in his Career, Roger could throw a Baseball over 90 miles per hour and at one point in my life, I could throw------a Baseball! When Clemens signed his first huge Contract, he was asked what he thought the average American made in one year. His answer was $100,000? Similarly, I have often wished to be one of those average Americans! Roger is married to a woman named, Debbie. I am actually one up on Roger here because my Debbie doesn't need Muscle juice to be beautiful!

Yeah, we are similar! (meant with sarcasm) Clemens has been one of my Baseball heroes. Seeing him transition from a skinny kid that could throw hard into a 40+ year old man that had learned to Pitch in the process has been a wonderful experience for a Baseball lover but I must admit that the events of the last few months have certainly tarnished that image for me. At first, I was all in his corner. "Go get, em!" was my attitude when the Mitchell report first broke but then gradually, the tide began to turn. Then, last week, before Congress, waffling with made up, "George Bush" type words, ("Andy mis-remembers")the realization began to set in.

It's time for another Texas style word, Roger. "Fess up!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home