Ken's-Den

Thursday, January 31, 2008

SLY AND THE FAMILY BIG TOE!

Tuesday, January 29th, My Dad turned 67 years old! This is not only remarkable because of his survival of a near fatal Motorcyle accident but it is also remarkable because he survived his first heart attack at the age of 35. While it is remarkable, it is certainly no surprise. Dad is not just a Survivor, He is quite simply the toughest man I have ever known. Add to that an unshakable faith in God and heart attacks and near fatal accidents simply do not stand a chance! He is one of my Hero's in life and I'm glad we were able to celebrate this week!

If you are a R&B, bluesy, Rock and Roll Guitar fan, then I have something for you to check out. My Cousin, Lynn Childers, has released an Instrumental album this week entitled, "Voyager." A quick listen will remind you of some early Allman Brothers, Dickie Betts with Marshall Tucker, Jeff Beck and several other Guitar Legends. Now, I may be a bit jaded so here is an opportunity for you to check it out yourself. Just click on either of these two links and check it out:
www.myspace.com/lynnchilders
www.broadjam.com/lynnchilders
Feel free to download to your hearts content. For 1 buck a piece, it's better than McDonalds and if you dance a little you might lose weight! By the way, Lynn is a dedicated Husband and Father and a veteran Minister of the Gospel! Rock on, Cuz!

I had hoped that the year of the Toe would end in 2007. Unfortunately, it twas not to be. I am recovering from Surgery on Wednesday, where they totally removed the nail, root and all, and basically scraped the bone. Yes, it is as painful as it sounds but I am doing well. The Doc said that I had deep roots! Anyone could have told him that! LOL

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home