Ken's-Den

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Great, unexpected blessings

OK, now that I have been adequately teased about my hat pictures! (you try going to Florida with a bald head LOL)

Yesterday I recieved a letter and blessing in the mail. It was from a man that I admire named Joe Copley. Joe is one of Narragansett's "kids" that grew up in the Church and still claims us as home. Joe's Mother, Jane Copley, was one of the pillars of Narragansett for many, many years. Sadly, this April 1st marks the one year anniversary of Jane's passing. She is greatly missed by a Congregation that considered her "Mom" as well.

Joe has a great gift of writing, (something that he should pursue!) and his letter was great to receive and filled with an incredible sense of timing. (somewhere I suspect that Jane is smiling) Children were always one of the loves of Jane's life and a few years back the Church declared the last day of our Vacation Bible School to be "Jane Copley day." Joe remembered this and in his letter he also gave a tremendously generous gift in the form of a check, designated to fund this years VBS! (now I am smiling)

We are a Church that pretty much, operates on a shoestring budget. We always do our best and God has blessed us with some tremendously creative individuals who can take a little and through the giftings God has given, make it a lot. VBS has always been one of those areas where we do the best we can with what we have. Imagine the excitement of a staff that heard the good news that this year, we actually have a budget to work with! AWESOME would be an understatement.

So publicly, I want to say thank you to, Joe, Jim, Phyllis and all of Janes grandchildren. And since Hebrews 12 tells us that we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, let me also add, Thank you, Jane! You raised some fantastic children that have honored both their Mother and their God.

1 Comments:

  • Pastor,

    The day I wrote that check I learned my sister Phyllis also felt compelled to write a check to help support the "growth fund" at her church. Her Pastor had placed baby cribs around the church and people dropped their donations in a bed. Now Mom would have dropped donations in each bed, and Mom would be (is) pleased that she can still be part of VBS at Narragansett. I can think of no better tribute to the dedication and hard work of your "willing workers" at VBS. Mom whispers to me often and as a dutiful son I do what I am told...............

    Joe

    By Blogger Joe Copley, At 11 April, 2007 10:22  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home