Ken's-Den

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A busy but wonderful weekend

This past Saturday was my Grandmothers, Pauline Childers, 90th birthday. To my discredit, it had been about seven years since I had last saw her so Debbie, Sam and I began making the trek south on Friday.

We arrived at Mom and Dad's on Friday afternoon and spent the night with them. Then on early Saturday morning we packed up and I had the privilege of driving Mom and Dad along with my own family to Arkansas to take part in the festivities.

It was truly a great time. I saw relatives that I had not seen in years. I saw relatives that I did not even know. Unfortunatley, there were some that were not able to make the trip that I really had wanted to see. But all in all, it was a great day. A special thanks to my Uncle Don and Aunt Pam for setting the day up. I know it took a lot of work and I want you to publicly know how much I appreciate your efforts. (My Uncle Don is a regular reader of my blog, who reminded me that he hadn't had much to read lately! I'll work on that, Unc!)

My Grandmother looked great for 90! Being in her home again brought back a million memories. It was really neat to see the place full of family and Grandkids running through the house, although I'm fairly sure that some of them could use a dose of Ritalin! :<) (I'm quite certain that no one thought that when I was one of those Grandkids!) LOL

With Dad's needs we were not able to stay for the whole day and late that afternoon we began the trek back to Illinois. But before heading out of town, I stopped to visit my GrandFathers grave. It's been 28 years since his passing but standing at that Headstone I could not help but shed some tears at a loss that seems as fresh as yesterday. I have dearly loved all of my Grandparents but Robert Veto Childers deeply impacted my life. Rest in peace, Grandpa, your family is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home