Ken's-Den

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Groundhog is dead meat!

Back on February 2nd, Puxatauny(sp?) Phil stuck his head out of his hole and failed to see his shadow. Last I recall that means an early Spring. Correct?

Since that time we have had tons of snow and I'm looking up recipies for Groundhog stew!

This weekend we got hit fairly hard with a whole bag of winter weather. For the first time in six years I felt that I had to cancel Sunday services for the safety of everyone involved. As an older city Church, we have no parking lot. Even in the best of conditions, we park on the street in the neighborhood and on any given Sunday, people can walk two blocks or more to get to the building. Some of my parishioners live as much as 40+ miles away and they were the ones that really got hit with the blizzard. I hated cancelling service but I felt it was the best choice with the conditions we had.

Oh yes, the snow was so wet and heavy that I broke my trusty snow shovel. Now, if I could only find that groundhog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home