Ken's-Den

Friday, January 12, 2007

New Year's revolutions

After the events of 2006 I had purposed in my heart that 2007 was going to be a year of health for my entire family. Debbie and I entered into a weight loss/lifestyle change to shed the pounds that we no longer want, for good.

The good news! So far I've lost almost 6 pounds and Deb had lost nearly 7! Yaaaaaay!

The bad news, I've just returned from my second trip to the emergency room in two days! That's OK, if it's just me in the family then I'll be more than happy to carry that load.

A week ago, Friday, I noticed a slight itch/aggrivation in my right little toe. I didn't think much of it and thought it was just a slight case of Athletes foot so I began treating it accordingly. During work on Wednesday, I began to have difficulty walking on the foot and when I arrived home and took off my shoe, it seemed to blow up like a balloon and itched like crazy. I woke Debbie up and had her look at it and next thing you know, I am in the emergency room being treated for what they thought was a spider bite.

I was to follow up with my Doc today but he was out of the office and this morning the infection had spread to various parts of my foot so---I spent this early afternoon back in the ER.

This time the Doc decided to be a little more aggressive. They gave me an anti-biotic and pain killer, through an IV and then he decided to open the area up for drainage. If you have never had a shot in the webbing of your toes, consider yourself blessed. It hurt bad enough to make a Preacher want to cuss. (BUT I DIDN'T) Then he decided to carve open the bottom of my foot and place a drain in it. I'm not feeling much right now but I'm betting tonight will be fun.

They think it was some sort of bacterial infection now. I'm just hoping it gets well.

So--- A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home