Ken's-Den

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year, New Hope

With the arrival of the New Year I am forcing myself to work up a new hope for the restoral of common sense.

I say "forcing myself" because the last week of 2006 really made me wonder if common sense is gone for good. For example:

My youngest brother came to visit and we all decided to go out to eat. I had heard about a nice restaurant in Elgin so we decided to drive up and give it a shot. Not long after our arrival and seating, the Waiter came up to take our drink order. Debbie had begun skimming through the Menu and she had noticed a "Soup and Salad bar" but there wasn't one visibly present so Debbie asked the waiter, "Do you have Soup and Salad bar?" "Yes" replies the Waiter. Looking around the Restaurant, Debbie asks the obvious question, "Where is it?" The young man, who shall remain nameless, proudly stepped closer and said, "It's right here" pointing it out IN THE MENU. And he wasn't done just yet.

At the conclusion of the meal he brought the check. I got out my Debit Card and he took it and ran it and then brought it back for me to sign. I added the tip, (yes, just the monetary one) and my brother and I sat there while Debbie went to the facilities. While sitting there, the young man returned to pick up the signed slip and as he picked it up he said, (I kid you not) "Do you need change back?" I'm sure it's force of habit on his part but there were probably only three other tables with patrons so he definitely wasn't over worked. Over taxed? I'll let you decide.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the promise of a New Year. I've been rather busy of late and have had some Computer problems but that is being ironed out and cyber life is returning to normal. I wish you all the best and the blessings of our Father in 2007. Just remember this, never ask for change back from your debit or charge card!

1 Comments:

  • You're a better man than me, cause I could not have let those slide!

    By the way, can you send me a link to your new board again? I lost my email account and had to begin again, so I lost the link. Send it to dawgar8@gmail.com

    thanks dude!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 04 January, 2007 13:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home