Ken's-Den

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Eve service

As busy as it has been, it seems this has just jumped upon us but folks, we are staring Christmas dead in the face!

I can't wait for tomorrow. I've never considered myself to be an appropriate "theme" style speaker. Meaning that I usually have difficulty preaching by the Calendar. As a Pastor, I do my best to preach Easter, at Easter, Christmas at Christmas, so on and so forth but I've never considered that style of speaking as one of my strengths. I usually attempt to speak what God lays on my heart and He doesn't always follow the Calendar, in my way of thinking. I have covered Christmas this month in a series that I called, "Seeking Treasure." I think it went fairly well but I decided to do something a little different for Christmas Eve.

I've turned my Minister of Music loose and told her to take the day and run with it. Tomorrow will be a day of the music of Christmas along with some instrumentals and some people taking part, for the first time, in special singing. The only thing I have planned for tomorrow is to set back and enjoy and then lead the congregation in Communion. I think it will be pretty cool and I haven't stressed this week over what I'm going to speak. (not that it's always stressful)

I'll let you know how it turns out and if I don't get the chance to tell you in person, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home