Ken's-Den

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What makes you tick?

Have you ever given much thought to how you would describe yourself to someone else? No, I don't mean the false bravado, macho front that most of us put up but what is it that really make you tick? I've been thinking about that in recent days and in some ways I'm hard pressed for an answer. I've come to the conclusion that I've managed to build a complicated and simplistic life, all at the same time!

I love to laugh. I told my Grandfather at a young age that I wanted to be a Comedian when I grew up. I decided that after my Grandfather confirmed my suspicion that Jerry Lewis had a million dollars!

I don't mind crying. I don't sit around working one up but I'm not afraid too either. I think it's foolish to equate manhood with the absence of tears. It's a release of emotion that is healthy for the most part. Now, if you are sitting around crying all day and every day then there is something else at work there but if you shed a tear when the Bears lose, you're OK in my book. (cause the Bears don't lose!)

For the most part, I do my best to maintain a consistent mood. I'm not real fond of moody people. I try not to take it out on others when I've had a bad day. I attempt to live balanced and sometimes I succeed. That doesn't mean living with a lack of emotion either. I can get pretty ticked at times and for the (hopefully) right reasons but I've also learned that "I'm sorry" doesn't hurt near as much if you really mean it.

Sometimes I think I have really deep thoughts and sometimes I think I just have gas and a few times I can't tell the difference between the two. I believe I was put on this earth to be a Leader and I try to live by Mark Twains definition. "A Leader without anyone following him, is simply a man on a long walk." (not an exact quote)

I love life! Some people serve God because of what they hope to get in a life to come. I believe He has a great life for us here as well. No, it doesn't always go according my plan our even my hopes but it ain't bad!

The longer I live the more I'm convinced that there is a purpose for everything you encounter. Sometimes the purpose remains hidden until a later time but it is constantly there. My current job is a good example. Two years ago if you would have asked me why I was working there, I would have mentioned the need for Health Insurance and the ability to pay bills on time. It was true then as well as now but it is only part of why I am there. I have a great group of "kids", as I call them, that do a great job and are fun to be around. Occasionally, I attempt to impact them positively and I believe that is truly why I am there. Sometimes I cut up with them a little too much but hey, did I mention that I love to laugh?

My life is many, many things but one thing that it is not, is boring. I've been called a lot of things and most of them have been good but my two favorites are Debbie's man and Sam's Dad. It don't get any better than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home