Ken's-Den

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Wonderful Weekend

I became young again this weekend, (if only for a few hours) as I was able to go see one of my favorite bands play, LIVE!

Yep, Saturday night I was able to go see Audio Adreneline's, "Adios" tour and it was fantastic. The biggest surprise was that I wasn't the oldest one there! There were people of all ages and it was truly an awesome time and man, they did rock the house!

I know that AA isn't everyone's cup of tea but they sure are mine and luckily for me, God did not ask my to give up my taste when I came to follow Him. So Head bang on, Brothers and Sisters! I will confess that my ears are still ringing and that my knees are sore from "jumping with the kids" but I'll also confess that I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We had a great service on Sunday! God really tore me apart this past week, dealing with me about "neglecting the love of God." In other words, being so busy and doing things out of such a sense of duty and traditional obligation that we forget what or WHO we are doing them for. I preached it to my Church yesterday and I want to share with you, one passage of scripture from the New Living Translation.

2Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.

"A full understanding and expression of God's love!" That tells me that His love is multi-faceted and that it is "discoverable" every single day of our lives. I believe that this past week will change the focus of my entire life and ministry. I have fallen in love again with God and I pray that I do that every day of the rest of my life.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home