Ken's-Den

Thursday, September 21, 2006

What an awesome God!

Thought I would give you a bigger view of an eight year old picture! If you can't tell, I am a proud Papa.

We often take many things in life for granted. It's easy to do. We get caught up in what "needs to be done" and pretty soon that is all that we can see. It drives us, pushes us and sometimes, consumes us. Pretty soon, if we aren't watchful we get caught up in extremes. I have learned that the majority of "sheer panic, gotta get this done now!" issues in life, really aren't that important when measured against the things that really matter.

I have a saying that I "preach" pretty often. I would like to take credit for it but I probably read it somewhere and just can't remember but anyway, it is this: "God lives in the balance of life." Many "religious" people get caught up in having to have things their way. Some go to extremes on the far fringes of reasonableness and some go extremely conservative in their pursuit of God. I believe God dwells in the balance in between. Yes, I have faith that I can speak to the mountain in my life and it will move but I also have the assurance that God is still there even when the mountain hasn't budged. I have found that it is a pretty good way to live. Balanced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home