Ken's-Den

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Some days you've got to laugh

As I've stated before, I work as a Foreman for a Tractor Implement Warehouse. I have a crew of about 16 people, the majority of which are between the ages of 21 and 24. Some days I understand more fully why some did not go to College. Last night, Wednesday, was one of those days. It was near the end of our shift when one of the third shift people came in and asked if one of my people drove a particular type car. When I answered yes, they informed me that the individual had a flat tire. It had been a slow night with about a half hour to go and the Individual, (who we will now call "Bill"), was finished with his work so I decided to page him to inform him about his flat and let him go out and change it before the end of the shift. The following is a very close approximation of the phone conversation that took place:

Bill: Yeah, boss, what can I do for you?

Me: I just wanted to let you know that third shift informed me that you have a flat tire and you can go out and change the tire now, if you like.

(here it comes----------)

Bill: How did that happen?

Me: Well, I'm assuming that all of the air went out of it.

When he realized what he had asked, there was one of those moments where I could almost see him hitting himself in the head with the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home