Ken's-Den

Thursday, September 07, 2006

So this is blogging?

OK, so I've decided to enter into a new phase of the Cyber world. It may end up being a sounding board for myself but that's alright too, I've never trusted people that don't talk to themselves occasionally. I mean what are they trying to hide?

I believe the desire to start doing this has grown out of an Motorcycle accident that my Father had on May 26th. We were told he would not survive but by God's power he has and is doing quite well. The process of time in between has been a time of soul searching for me. Questioning God, my faith and my purpose in life. As always, God has been faithful and as a result my faith has grown by the process of going through the ordeal.

Often times we want God just to take us out of those type of situations, deliver us from them. But I have found that He always has a purpose in the process of "through" and unless we are willing to keep walking we will never learn what that purpose is. What I have learned in the midst of "through" is how little I actually know about God. (and I thought I had Him pretty well figured out) I also realized how deeply I want to know Him more. Often times we settle for an "experience" of God but what we need and what truly will change our lives is when we "Encounter" Him. I don't want to settle for anything less than ALL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home