Ken's-Den

Friday, September 08, 2006

Never enough time

I realize that we all live in a world that is consumed with a "one more dollar" mentality but the thing I would wish for more than money would be more time. (Or at least the ability to be in two places at once)

For those that don't know, I am a bi-vocational Pastor. I work a 40+ hour week for a Farm Implement Company called AGCO. I serve there as a Foreman on second shift. Sometimes the two worlds collide but I was up front with my Employer about pastoring and to this point they have been accomodating to any special needs that arise. I have a great Church. They are understanding of my need to support my family with secondary employment and they are forgiving when my thoughts are a little scattered as a result of being overly tired. (three years ago in May I had a traffic accident which resulted in a slight brain hemmorage and when I don't get enough rest I do have some difficulties)

Today has brought a virtual pot-pourri of items that I wish I had more time for or the ability to be in two places at once. My Mom called this morning stating that the power steering in the wheelchair Van had quit working. Ended up that the serpentine belt had fallen off and from the symptoms Mom described, I suspect that the Harmonic Balance was the reason why. Unfortunately, she is 380 miles away from me so I will have to trust someone else to fix it. (that goes against my nature because I am a "fixer" at heart) The good news is that my Dad is being released from the Hospital today, the bad news is that Mom won't be able to use the Van.

I have enquired of my Church denomination about starting a Ministerial Internship Program so that I can further my Ministerial credentials. The problem is that the program runs on Friday night and Saturday morning and while my job is accomodating to special needs, I'm sure they won't be accomodating to a regularly scheduled Friday night off so I am waiting to hear if an exception will be made for the Friday night class. I expect it will be so my already full schedule will have to be adjusted for a period of time.

Also, today, I am in consultaton with a precious family about the immenent passing of a loved one. Whisper a prayer today for Violet Gwaltney. She is one of Narragansett's "daughters. Years of Alzhiemers Disease and Cancer have taken there toll and by Hospice's best guess, this will be her last week on this earth. She has a wonderful family that has suffered with her for all of these years so I also ask you to pray for me that God gives the right words to say to them and for Violet.

I did get to take my beautiful wife, Debbie, to breakfast this morning. I guess we are out and out, downright theives because we sure like to steal some time together occasionally. It is something that I regularly recommend to all married couples. More than likely, you won each others hearts by the dating process so why should it stop at marriage? Food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home