Ken's-Den

Saturday, September 09, 2006

What are celebrities thinking?

I read yesterday where Brad Pitt stated that he would not marry Angelina Jolie until everyone in the U.S. was able to marry.

Hey, Pretty boy! Guess what? Everyone that is of legal age can marry. Now, if you are referring to sexual orientation then that is another matter but everyone is free to marry within the context of what marriage actually is.

This bothers me on many levels. First of all, who does Brad think he is kidding? Angelina, apparently! If one doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to be man enough to marry the woman that he has fathered a child with then please, please, PLEASE, don't try to cover up your cowardice by making a social "statement." Secondly, how does a man with no moral character propose to speak to moral issues? And last but not least, Why do Hollywood types think that their opinions matter to people who WORK for a living? (I'm still waiting for Striesand and Baldwin to move to Canada as promised) Note to Brad: Come talk to me about marriage after you have over twenty years in one.

I don't hate anyone. I welcome homo-sexuals into my Church in the same manner that I would welcome anyone else and yes, I have preached to them on several occasions. I've never used that opportunity to target them in any way but I don't hide my stand either. If the gospel of Jesus Christ cannot convict of sin then my opinion matters little. I still trust the gospel to change lives. My goal is a pretty simple one, preach the gospel and show the sinner the love of God. I believe in holding to standards. But I don't believe in using them as battering rams. To me, the saddest Christians in the world are the ones who have forgotten that we are all in need of a Savior.

But Brad, Brad, Brad, please leave the idea and the sanctity of marriage to those that aren't afraid of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home