Ken's-Den

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A great Easter

It is Saturday night and I've been reflecting on this day. Easter is tomorrow but I can already say that I've had a great Easter weekend.

Friday night I took my beautiful Bride of 25 years to the Loop in Chicago, where we dined at one of our favorite Restaurants and spent the night in a nice Hotel with a Lakefront view. It really didn't matter that it was cold and rainy. The company was outstanding and the night was relaxing. We reflected on the past 25 years, how many people that said we wouldn't last 6 months, (yes, they literally said it) and the fun times we've had and what a wild ride its been. I know we aren't a perfect marriage because I am in it but it is a marriage that is close enough to it for me. I love ya, Deb!

Then on Saturday morning we took the early train back home and joined our Church family in our 1st annual Community Easter Egg hunt and Celebration. What an incredible day it would be! With Indian Trail, I've been blessed with a Congregation that is willing to work to reach out to our community and work, we did. Our Children's Pastor, Susan Smith, worked hard to get the word out and volunteers lined up. We had the support of the Aurora Police department, who sent out one of their fine Cadets with a Squad Car for the kids to go through and also the Aurora Township Fire Department, that sent out a crew with a Fire Truck and gear for the kids to wear. (the kids also got to blow the Fire truck horn OVER AND OVER again but hey, it's ministry lol)

We had 2 separate egg hunts, divided by age and I can't rightly recall how many eggs were hidden but it was well over 1000. The big hit of the day was the Bounce Houses that we had rented. People were looking all over for me and they would find me with the kids, helping them go down the slide on the bounce house. I Love Kids! I met well over 100 of them today and had a blast in doing it. I talked, yelled and screamed with them to the point that I will be hoarse for Easter Sunday but I count it all worth it. Not only do I love kids but I also found out long ago that investing in them is the best way to build the Church that God loves. Adults can learn so many lessons from children if we would just take the time.

So I sit here tonight, excited about what tomorrow may bring but full well knowing that we were part of a God thing today. Within the past 6 months our Church had a prophecy given over it that God was getting ready to illuminate us to the community. I believe I heard the light switch turn on today! We had people coming from all across town and even more exciting, ones that lived within blocks of us. Do I believe that they will all come to Church? No, but I know some that are already planning on it and more importantly, many more know we are here today than ever has before. God is blessing this work! Happy Easter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home