Ken's-Den

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Monumental day!

Today is my Dad's 70th birthday! When you go back through all of the toils, trials and health issues he has had, this truly is remarkable day.

Dad has always been one of my Heroes. Always seemed to walk taller than his 6 foot frame and managed to do with a humbleness that was beyond belief. Far from perfect but honest to a fault, his love for God is contagious.

His first heart attack was at age 35.  It seemed as though we would lose him early in life but he seemed to will himself to live and let God handle the rest. A leisurely Motorcycle ride in his MID-60'S (lol) tried its best to take him out but that determined will and trust in God allowed me to wish him a Happy Birthday today.

One of the worst days of my life was during that time and occurred while he lay raging with a fever. They put ice blankets on him and I felt as if I were going to die, watching him shake and convulse so violently. Knowing his cold naturedness in the first place caused me to have one of the most helpless feelings that I have ever known but God brought him through.

As I told you this morning, Dad. I'm very proud of you. Thanks for teaching me to fight for what matters and to trust God in the face of the impossible. I love you more than words can express. Happy Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home