Ken's-Den

Friday, April 30, 2010

Back when Stupid was stupid

As Father time begins to look more like a Brother, I find myself waxing nostalgic. I miss Summer days when the only thing I had to worry about was if we had enough daylight left for Baseball. You know, back in simplier times, back when being stupid was actually being stupid!

Fast forward to the events of the past several months. Famous Husbands that have been caught sampling other peoples commitments or even lack of it. Tigers and Outlaws that apparently can't be left alone for 5 minutes without cheating on their Spouses.

And what is the excuse/reason for this outlandish behavior? Why, they have an addiction! Don't you feel bad for them? There was nothing they could do! They are products of their biological make up. The only victim here is themselves or so they would have you think.

The sad part is that our Society falls right in line with that ingnorance and we even start catering to it. We now have Rehab for Sex addiction. You know, what we use to know as, "I got caught cheating" Class. Believe it or not folks, the things that we generally do to ourselves or to others is not from some chemical imbalance in our brains, or some genetic make up that we can blame our Parents or our Parents, Parents for. Sometimes we just get stupid.

Deb and I celebrated our 24th Anniversary last week and my Mother-in-Law pulled out some Pictures from our dating days. I was in shock because in my mind I'm still that skinny kid that said "I do" but in reality there is now nearly twice as much me than there was then. But it's really not my fault, you see. I'm addicted to Food! It's really my Parents fault too because they started feeding me back when I was a baby. It's really Debbie's fault too because she is a good Cook and every day she gets me my fix. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have a problem at all!!!

Rediculous? Absolutely but hopefully you see my point. You see, I know that people are weak. I realize that they make bad choices that affect their lives and the lives of others but there are some things that are absolutes. If you made a vow to love, honor and cherish someone until you die, you ought to live up to it. Respect yourself enough to live up to your own word. Respect your Spouse enough to always do what is right. And when you mess up, don't go blaming others and seeking treatments for "diseases" that we have made up to hide our own guilt. Own up, man up, say your are sorry and spend the rest of your life proving it. Repent to God and your Spouse.

A $600,000 boat won't fix what is broken. A half zillion carat diamond ring won't fix what is broken. (sorry gals) Why? Because the thing that is broken is the Spouse that cheated and it's not from addiction nor from or because of others. It's because they broke their word, their vow before God and Man and the only one they can blame looks them in the mirror every day.

You may the greatest Golfer in the World or you might can build custom Motercycles from paper clips but when you have lost the trust of the person you love, those things don't really matter. It is better to be a Man that is held in esteem by his Wife and Children, than a Man that the World knows but no one respects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home