Ken's-Den

Friday, February 19, 2010

Learning more each day

This Sunday marks one month since I left my pastorate. It's funny because in some ways it seems a life time ago but then again, on the Sunday I was speaking at Evanston, I had driven halfway to Narragansett before I realized it. lol

I have found a few things out since leaving that have produced a mixed range of emotions. I found out that there were people from outside the Church that had been giving to make sure that I could draw a salary. I was blown away and humbled at that knowledge and to whomever you were, I say thanks.

I had breakfast with Debbie this morning and we both found it funny that one of the things we miss the most was the Homeless man that we gave a bottle of water to each week. The first time we gave him water he was so excited that he blurted out, "thanks for stopping!" Never mind that we were at a red light! But we looked for him every week and that bottle of water seemed to be liquid gold to him.

Yes, there are people from the Church that I miss and there are some that have acted predictably in my absence. I love them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home